Wednesday 24 June 2015

Removing your make up before bed - it's a must.



So I’m sure we have all had hose evenings where we’re so exhausted that we just can’t find the energy to take our make-up off before bed.
 Girls I’m guilty of it, I went to bed with make-up on ONCE and I will never do it again, it can really be damaging to your skin and I’m about to tell you why…

  We all want to wake up looking fresh and rested right?! We don’t want the person sleeping next to us to wake up with the Grinch. Make-up in bed is a no - no, it can ruin your complexion for a long while.
  It clogs your pores during the time that our skin needs its rejuvenation
  More often than not, clogged pores end up spreading bacteria and
inflammation occurs & before you know it you’re looking like a spotted hyena, pimples are zero fun to deal with.
Your face naturally exfoliates itself and it does this by shedding skin during your sleep. If you don’t wash your face it stops your skin from removing the dead skin cells. 
Not removing your eye make –up can cause skin irritation and unnecessary infections. Wearing your mascara during your beauty sleep will cause your eyelashes to become brittle and break. 
In the long run, you are going to have to deal with wrinkles, an uneven skin tone and not to mention very dry skin as well, it’s not worth it to be lazy if you ask me.

Now that you know a few VERY good reasons why that pretty make up needs to come off at night I’m going to share with you my evening skin routine. The morning I woke up still wearing my make up from the night before, I regretted it immediately, I felt “dirty” if you will, like I hadn’t had a good nights sleep, not mention I had a pillow covered in mascara and eye shadow… Not cool. (Change pillow covers regularly to reduce chances of break outs.)

I have fairly dry skin so I really have to focus on moisturising it especially now in winter, acne happens, even to me and I find that the products I use really help to combat the occasional pimple. I have the products that I use on a nightly basis and those that are the occasional add on’s…

 These are my every evening products;

“Like Silk”- Conditioning foaming face wash: My mom actually started using this product before I did and I caught on to the trend pretty quickly, this face wash actually removes your make-up as well as removes imperfections, I do prefer to remove my make up prior to washing my face though. It’s a fantastic product that leaves my skin feeling really soft.

Dis-chem, “Rose Water”:  I really like how simple this product is, Dis-chem is where my salary goes to die just so you know, they have a range of their own facial products and this toner is really great. It removes any excess dirt and leaves my skin smelling like a rose bush ;)

“African Extracts, Rooibos”- Nourishing Night Cream: You will soon see that I use these products a lot… They are my favourite right now…This particular night cream,(Yes, I use a night cream, I am now in my twenties, LOL) is enriched with natural Rooibos extract and contains vitamins A&E, rehydrating your skin while you sleep, leaving it smooth and supple.

These are the products that I use occasionally;



“African Extracts, Rooibos”- Exfoliating facial scrub: See, I told you I like these products, it’s so important to use a facial scrub twice a week to remove all the dirt and dead skin cells, this particular one contains apricot kernels and rooibos leaves.

“Bio-oil”: I use this product about twice a week if possible, It helps reduce the appearance of scarring, in particular, acne scarring and it moisturises your skin beautifully, it also has a great scent.

Well there you have it girls, I really hope this has motivated you to look after your skin better and to try out new products.

What is a must have for your night time routine? Want to know mine? It’s lip balm, I cannot go to bed without using it, your lips are a part of your face too


S
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment