Thursday 18 June 2015

Bad hair days...Its a real thing!


Girls, I’m pretty sure that none of us can say that we don’t have bad hair days, if you haven’t then you’d better count your blessings because man they aren’t exciting.

We are experiencing winter now in South Africa and the cold months can really take its toll on our locks. So I’ve compiled a few tips to help you make those frizzy days a little less stressful.

Flyaway’s?
There is nothing more annoying to me when I need to rush out the door and my flyaway hairs just aren’t co-operating. I find that if I spray some hairspray into the palm of my hands and smooth them over the shaft of my head the little buggers will stay at bay.

Pamper your hair
To combat the effects of over styling our hair by using hair masques, try applying one to your hair at least once a week, especially during the winter.

What about an upstyle?
Wearing your hair in an upstyle is a good way to change up your style. Not only does it look great, but it protects your hair from the harsh cold wind, dry air and rain that are a given in winter.

Avoid shampoos with sulphate
For those of you who dye your hair this one is a biggie. Shampoos that contain sulphate can strip your hair from its colour, leaving it looking awfully dull. Sulphate-free shampoos will ensure that your colour lasts all winter long, which is exactly what you want.


Don’t use a towel!
This is normal, right?!
This is my favourite tip right now, using an old cotton t-shirt to dry your hair.
Trust me, it’s a genius idea and here’s why:

Professional hairstylist and Redken artist, Isabella Vazquez says, ‘When our hair is wet, it becomes weaker and softer. If we use a regular towel to dry it, the grooves of the towel become aggressors to the cuticle of our hair. Towels absorb ALL the moisture from our hair, when what we want to do is absorb the excess water without taking most of the moisture that helps our hair from becoming frizzy or creating frizz’
If this is going to combat my frizz then I’m definitely going to do it!

Will you be trying these out this winter? Pop me a message if you have any cool winter hair tips to share with me!

S
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment