Sunday 24 April 2016






I think I speak for a lot of makeup artists when I say we have an excess of lip products and I am no different in this respect. I love collecting lip products, be if for the use of my clients or just for personal use. I’m going to share with you my top 5 lip products at the moment (mostly drugstore products)

Beauty Treats: Sugar Lip Scrub
I had previously never used a lip scrub but was really quite curious about them, so when I came across this particular one which, might I add is quite affordable I thought I’d give it a shot. This gentle scrub is made of natural sugars to exfoliate your lips, leaving them feeling soft and smooth. They come in an array of about 4-5 flavours of which I got the ‘Raspberry’ one, I really cannot say that I am disappointed as it was very gentle on my lips and did the job quite well so an all-round “Thumbs Up” for this product especially with the dry winter months headed our way here in South Africa.


Labello: Lip Butter
If someone had to ask me what I would take with me if I was to be stranded on an Island somewhere, my answer would almost certainly be lip balm. I cannot live without it and if I don’t have one at hand all the time my poor boyfriend always has to fork his out for me. In turn I have quite obviously tried almost every lip balm under the sun but the ‘Labello – Lip Butter’ is the product I have always gone back to. My favourite is the ‘Raspberry Rose’ flavour (Apparently I like Raspberry) It keeps my lips moisturized for a long period of time and even leaves a light pink tint to my lips (2 birds, 1 stone). The packaging is convenient, its small and in a tin so you can stick it in your pocket and go – like I often do, One tin usually lasts me a fair amount of time and it’s affordable as well so it’s a big BONUS for me since I go through the stuff at a rate of knot. Item in shopping basket – Tick!

Essence – Lip Gloss
I’m really not much of a lip gloss lover, purely because I cannot fathom the sticky mess that becomes of my lips after I’ve applied them BUT my loves, this product is a welcomed surprise. For starters, it’s not a hot sticky mess (thank goodness), it applies easily and doesn’t make you feel like you need to wipe it off almost instantly. I feel comfortable wearing this product on my lips all day long and it’s got a great scent. They come in an array of shades for various skin tones which I think is great, I purchased the shade “Beauty Secret” in a nude like pink, it’s so wearable and great for everyday use.


M.A.C- Crème Cup
OK so maybe this product is a little bit more on the high end side but I dig it nonetheless. This lipstick was my first ever M.A.C. lipstick and I bought it because it’s such an effortless everyday colour that I could wear with any outfit and to this day has remained one of my favourites. I find that most of the M.A.C. lipstick’s are pretty moisturizing however I always put a bit of lip ice under it, they are long wearing and I’ve never been disappointed by their products. As I said before they are a bit more expensive but you are paying for quality so if not, why not right?!


Essence – Sparkling Miracle
I really like Essence products, I know. This last lip product is one that I carry in my handbag everyday as it’s another very versatile item. For starters the names given to these lipsticks are utterly adorable and the packaging is easy on the eye as well. This product is of a deeper pink with a hue of purple in it and a touch of sparkle as well, it’s moisturizes your lips and picks up any look #MustHave

 Only now at the end of my article have I noticed that every product on my list has some sort of pink touch to it, apparently I like pink <3 I hope that this post was useful to at least some of you and that it will help you in making your next purchase. I’d love to hear what you all think, so drop me a comment
S
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment