Tuesday 15 March 2016

Whatever the question, Ice-Cream is the answer!




Okay, I’m about to get real with you all, I’m a total and utter Ice- Cream nut… There, it’s out. I will eat ice-cream all year round and if you offer it to me I most likely won’t say no. Chocolate, Strawberry, Rocky road, Mint, you name it and I probably love it, (Unless it’s liquorice because then you can eat it yourself, I can’t stand the stuff, haha.) Every now and then I get a serious hankering for ice cream (this being the case now) and because it’s Lent, I’ve clipped my own wings and not eaten any for the last 4 weeks #Gasp, I know.
So I thought that if I talk about it I’ll feel better, I’m going to share an ice-cream recipe with you and hopefully you’ll enjoy making it and enjoy eating it even more, Here goes:

Chocolate Ice-Cream
1 Box (500ml) Ultra Mel Chocolate custard
5ml Vanilla essence
50-75ml Cocoa Powder
30ml Castor Sugar
1 Tin (380g) Evaporated milk, Chilled overnight
1 Tub (250ml) Fresh Cream

1.    In a large mixing bowl, blend the chocolate custard and vanilla essence. Blend the cocoa powder, castor sugar and boiling water and add to the custard mixture.
2.    Beat the evaporated milk into a medium mixing bowl until thick and foamy. In a separate mixing bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
3.    Fold the evaporated milk and cream into the custard mixture. Spoon into a suitable container and freeze.
Makes 1 Litre
HINT:
To ensure that there are no ice crystals in the ice cream, spoon it into a suitable container and freeze for 2 hours. Remove the ice cream, beat and freeze until needed.

Honestly, I think that this post has just made me crave ice cream that much more. I do however hope that you’ll all try making ice cream from scratch; it makes the end result that much tastier… All my love,
S
Xoxo
 Taken from, Deona Tait -"Shortcuts to flavor".

No comments:

Post a Comment