Thursday 28 April 2016

Essence Velvet/Gloss sticks - First Impressions




A fellow beauty blogger recently posted an image of her Essence cosmetics haul and in this cute bundle lay the new Essence Velvet sticks. I immediately became curious about this product as I’d never seen it on the shelf before so alas, I hit my local drug store (Dis-Chem) and was fortunate enough to find these on the stand. A first impressions post had to be written so here it is!

Ok so let me start off with the basic’s here. In this range of Velvet / Gloss lip colour sticks there are a total of ten shades, five velvet and five gloss. It’s sort of self-explanatory that the velvet sticks have a ‘Matte’ finish to them and that the gloss sticks have a… well gloss finish to them. The shades include:
Velvet:                                                Gloss:
01 Nude Hero                                   01 Radiant Rose
02 Peony Star                                  02 Clear Nude
03 Mega Melon                                03 Luminous Rosewood
04 Cherry Crush                              04 Poshi Pink
05 Plum Perfect                               05 Brilliant Burgundy

I picked up one of each, 05 ‘Plum Perfect’ & 02 ‘Clear Nude’
Clear Nude
When I first applied them I noticed that both are highly pigmented and feel a lot like a lip balm. They aren’t very moisturising but neither dried out my lips either which was a pleasant surprise especially coming from a ‘Matte’ lip product which usually does just that for me. They have a long wearing period and seem to fade evenly when you eat or drink. #LookingGood

When I first opened up the packaging I looked at it and thought that it looked just like a jumbo lip pencil. Don’t think that I’m very far off with that one. I find that because of the shape it’s pretty easy to achieve the perfect lip edge using this product, the formula is pretty hard so you won’t have to worry about smudging either.
Perfect Plum

The only thing that I was a bit “Huh” about with regards to this product is that when you look at it appears to be a “twist up” but in fact it is not. You will need to sharpen these lip colour sticks, which I guess isn’t much of a down fall since a little goes a long way with these…

 All in all I’m definitely not disappointed with these lip colour sticks although I cannot say just yet that I love them as I haven’t quite had them long enough , I’ll have to keep you posted in that regard. If you have these in your vanity are they one of your favourites or will you be purchasing yours the next time you’re able to?

S
Xoxo
( Side Note: Since I've been wearing this product quite a lot lately I have just tried to sharpen it - the results aren't so great as it does so unevenly and the actual lip colour softens as well #BitOfAMess, Anyone else experience this or is it just me? )

No comments:

Post a Comment