Saturday 5 September 2015

Brand Focus- L.A. Girl



Seems like the not so new kid on the block has come back with a vengeance… I wanted to write this article because this brand is really about affordable quality. I’m really impressed with their products and therefore I am dedicating my very first brand focus to L.A. Girl… Here’s what I’ve gotten my hands on.

So my latest craze has been for lipstick as well as nail polish and boy I wasn’t disappointed with either from this brand. The product that got me going was the shimmery black nail polish (of which I cannot recall the name), I was so impressed with the quality that I proceeded to purchase more nail polish that I knew what to do with. My favourites were these: ‘Turntable’ from the ‘Disco Brites’ range, it’s a brave green mix colour which I seriously go into and still to today cannot get enough of. The other was called ‘Emotion’ it’s a really bright orange, very risky for someone with skin as fair as mine but, once you get that booty in the sun and catch a bit of a tan during those summer months, it’s a beautiful colour. The final nail polish purchase was the ‘Matte Red’ from the Matte range, it’s seriously pretty and really matte which is all the craze right now.

Since I’m all for finding the perfect foundation I thought I’d give the ‘Perfecting liquid make up’ a try. To be perfectly honest, it hasn’t proven to be one of my favourites, it’s very light and doesn’t provide the coverage that I am looking for but, if you’re all about keeping it light then this product is something you should try for yourself. 

Finally my latest purchases from L.A. Girl I am really excited about, I had read so many reviews about it and I was terribly excited to try it. So here it is, my view on their latest range of products.
The eye-shadow palettes, when I saw them I couldn’t just buy the one I ended up buying two. The first of which is the ‘Ultra’ palette, it contains a variety of dark shimmery colours as well as matte colours ranging between browns and purples. The other was the ‘Nudes’ palette, I think the name sort of speaks for itself but I immediately fell inlove with it and instantly knew that I had to have it. These colours aren’t madly pigmented, they allow room for error. All in all I do not for a second regret making that purchase. Not to mention how much the palettes look like that of the Urban Decay- Naked Range... Who's complaining though, its stunning.



My last purchase was that of the glazed lip paint in the shade “blushing”… Now don’t get me wrong I’m all for stunningly bright lip colours but I’ve personally always preferred the baby pinks and nudes. This purchase was a brave one on my behalf because it was totally out of my comfort zone but upon using it for the first time for a night out on the town I was pleasantly surprised to note that I totally liked being out of my comfort zone. This lip paint is highly pigmented giving a true meaning to the words ‘a little goes a long way’, it’s a deep plum colour and long lasting. I think I’ll purchase a few others… it gets a thumbs up from me.

 That’s that my girls, my first brand focus… Have you tried L.A. Girls new products? What do you recommend I try next? I’d love to hear from you

S
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment