Sunday 12 July 2015

5 Shoe must have's



A lot of us have a slight shoe fetish and I am no exception. They come in so many shapes, sizes and colours, here’s my guide to having the perfect pair of shoes in your closet:

Flats
These are such comfy shoes, especially when you plan to have a day parading around in the mall. They look good with pretty much anything (Jeans; skirts; shorts and dresses). They can even look professional and put together to give your tootsies a break from the high heels in the office.
If you are buying your first pair, try and purchase something semi-neutral, like black or grey. I’ll admit I have a few pairs and the majority consist of plain black styles. They’re super easy to combine with whatever you are wearing that day.

Sneakers
This type of shoe has become increasingly popular over the last couple of years and they are a seriously comfy item, with a little bit of style thrown in for good measure. It’s a great casual look and they are essential to every girls wardrobe, especially if you’re going to be running around.

Boots
We are experiencing winter at the moment in South Africa, so boots are a must, especially for the days when it’s so cold that you might freeze over. Knee high boots are a classic and very comfy, while ankle boots and over the knee boots have become increasingly popular alternative during the last few seasons. Flat boots are great for everyday wear but an ankle boot with a bit of a heel? That’s perfect for a dinner date, dressing up to hit the town with the girls or paired with a pair of jeans for a date out with mom.

Sandals
I know that these are currently situated in the back of our cupboards at the moment but they are so nice to have and I can’t wait to wear them again when spring comes around! A pair of rubber flip-flops are great for a casual day at home or at the beach but a pair of pretty sandals go a long way. They are versatile and can be dressed up or down for almost any occasion and you can wear them all summer long paired with a cute nail polish on your toes.

A good heel
There are countless types of high heeled shoes around in this day and age. Please don’t ask me how many pairs I own, I haven’t the slightest…hehe.
There is such a plethora of options when it comes to these shoes that you can own a pair for practically ever outfit in your closet and whose complaining there ;) but, if you’re just starting out and don’t  know where to start this is my suggestion: A classic pump. You cannot go wrong. They are great for church, work, parties, you name it. They are versatile, I have a nude pair and trust me, they are comfy and they look great, what more could I ask for?!

There you have it girls, the 5 pairs of shoes that you should possess… and if you own more than 5 so what?! I know I do ;) What’s your favourite ? 

S
xoxo
5 favourites in my closet




No comments:

Post a Comment