Saturday 4 June 2016

Colourpop Lippie Stix - First Impressions



I have drooled over makeup from the United States long before I became a makeup artist and I vowed that someday I’d get my hands on it, today is that day my friends! I have watched so many make up tutorials where they’ve used ‘Colourpop’ products and they are so appealing to the eye that my first ever purchase has been the ‘Colourpop’ Lippie stix in the shade “Tootsi”, here are my first impressions…

I caught wind of Muse.sa on Instagram some months back, they stock several kinds of makeup brands that we are yet to be blessed with here in South Africa, everything from ‘Anastasia Beverly Hills’ right through to ‘Morphe’. Luckily they stock ‘Colourpop’ which was much to my excitement. I made my special order with them at the end of April and received it approximately 4 weeks later (I was about as excited as a child on Christmas day when it arrived), needless to say - I am very impressed with the service that I received and will definitely be making purchases with them again in the not too distant future. *I’ll place a link down below for their Instagram page*


‘Tootsi’ is the name of the new lippie stix sitting in my vanity and let me tell you that I think I may be in love. This is a cool toned grey beige ‘greige’ as they call it, with a matte finish. The colour first of all, is stunning and so perfect for winter, I was at first both curious and nervous about whether or not the matte finish would dry out my lips but after wearing it for a few days I am happy to report that my lips are in fact in one piece and not dried out from this product.

The packaging is really pretty and initially the first thing I had noticed about it is that these lippie stix are all twist products so there really is no mess or fuss for us #HappyDance. Application of the product is pretty satisfactory; it applies evenly and fades the same way after hours of wear, through eating and drinking. It’s beautifully pigmented and just an all well rounded lip product.


All in all, I really cannot say a bad thing about this product. It’s still affordable and I’m really quite happy with it, before you know it I’ll be purchasing a few more and adding them to my ever expanding lip product collection. Any recommendations for my next purchase?

S
Xoxo

Muse.SA Link:
https://www.instagram.com/muse.sa/?hl=en


No comments:

Post a Comment