Tuesday 4 August 2015

Leg day baby!




Ladies, fitness is a very big part of my day. The gym is where I go to distress (the punching bag is a great outlet) but most of all, my body can’t seem to function the correct way if I haven’t had my daily sweat session. My absolute favourite day to hit the gym is for leg day. That’s right, I love leg day! It’s the session that I look forward to all week long in fact, not only do I get to match the weights my boyfriend piles on but I have fun doing it too. So I thought it would be a great idea to share my current leg workout with you all, in the hopes that you too will look forward to your next leg session.

*Try to alternate between upper leg and lower leg exercises as you’ll allow the lower muscles to rest whilst you train the upper ones and vice versa. Thereby ensuring your muscle groups perform at their rested best for each consecutive exercise. 

Squats
This is what will make your booty look fine girls ;)
5 Sets of 10 Reps.
Increase the weight with each set. Sometimes, I alternate a barbell squat with Bulgarian split squats. They are harder and yes, a little more painful but, the burn is well worth it.

Lying leg curls
I think that these are my least favourite to do but they work none the less.
3 Sets of 10 Reps and you’re good to go!

Seated Leg extensions
For that awesome front thigh muscle split. These are awesome and really let your thighs know whose boss!
3 Sets of 10 Reps.

Farmers Walk
This is where you have an upper hand on your man (We wear heels all day long)
3 Sets of 25-30Steps

Walking Lunges
Stressful on the lower back, but a real sought after leg exercise veteran for guaranteed results. I don’t always do these, I try to avoid them if I have back ache but other than that they are awesome!
3 Sets of 12-15 Leg Reps

Seated Calf Raises
I leave these towards the end because by then my legs are ready for a break.
3 Sets of 10 Reps

I always finish off my workouts with a few good sets of ab exercises, so feel free to add your favourite ones to an awesome session…
Lastly, if you wake up the next day and can get out of bed without aching, you haven’t worked hard enough!
Get out there and make yourself proud!

S
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment